21 November, 2010

Christmas: Then and Now

Then:  I thought Christmas was about Santa Claus and raindeers,
Now: I realized Christmas is about a Saviour and a Redeemer!

Then: I thought Christmas was about receiving gifts and presents,
Now: I realized Christmas is about giving gifts and sacrifice!

Then: I thought Christmas was about new dress,
Now: I realized Christmas is about new life!

Then: I thought Christmas was about lights and decorations,
Now: I realized Christmas is about The Light!

Then: I thought Christmas was about the shepherds,
Now: I realized Christmas is about The Shepherd!

Then: I thought Christmas was about the wise men and their gifts,
Now: I realized Christmas is about The Wise God and His Gift!

Then: I thought Christmas was a holiday,
Now: I realized Christmas is a Holy Day!

Then: I thought Christmas was for a season,
Now: I realized Christmas is for eternity!

Then: I thought Christmas was about me,
Now: I realized Christmas is about HIM!

12 comments:

  1. tha thin e...sir..nge nge..:)

    dr.chhana ralte
    cmc vellore

    ReplyDelete
  2. One good feature of childhood period is that we do not let the facts get in the way of our imagination! One advantage of being adult is that we can now observe life with clearer perspectives! Dina, I really take pleasure in reading your remarkable piece of writing! A christian adult should be able to perceive Christmas from a spiritual point of view!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chhana, thanks. Hope you enjoy your time at CMC.

    @Maisek, thank you for your insightful and encouraging comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sensible piece of writing!! Yes, Christmas is for Christ.. but X-mas is for the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. another beautiful post...sir, i only wish there were more people like you around...i think the mizo youth is ready for another inspirational song...we admire you and our prayers are with you and your loved ones...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Tharax, Thanks for your comment.

    @Anonymous, I don't think I deserve such wonderful comments from you because I know there are so many of you who are much better and more awesome than someone like me! Anyway, thank you for your prayers. I too am looking to God if He would give me another new song! I could only hope and pray...

    ReplyDelete
  7. True indeed.

    However, it takes years a score to see it like this.

    Have a blessed christmas.

    In Chhungkua in Krismas leh kumthar chibai u le.

    ...khrum

    ReplyDelete
  8. @khumchikthei, thanks for your visit. Nang leh i chhungte pawh Krismas leh kumthar chibai kan buk mawlh mawlh a che u.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Van thra lehpek ve aw! christmas card nalh deuhva inziak ni awm tak a ni ka ti :-)

    Vawiin ka thleng sil laiin Vanlalsailova te krismas hla ka ngaithla a, 'A ropui ngei e, van miten ui mahse chhingmittui far chungin an thlahliam e' tih lai khan min khawi khawp mai. Mihlim ang deuhvin thleng sil lai lai pawn ka halleluiah chhuak lo thei lo :-)

    Puitlin tawh hnu pawh hian a chang chuan naupangchhia ang maia kristmas pawngpaw thlakhleh hi a la awl deuh roh tho mai. Real meaning of christmas min rawn remind leh a, i ti thra lutuk ringawt. May God bless you

    -bmw

    ReplyDelete
  10. bmw, i comment lawmawm thin e! Ni e, kei pawh tun thleng hian Krismas hi naupan laia kan hman thin anga hman leh kha ka chak thin!

    Thleng sil paha han Hallelui piap piap mai kha a ropui dangdai khawp mai!! Insum reng reng suh.

    Krismas leh kumthar chibai ule.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...and also the realisation that everyday is Christmas if we have jesus in us. Let us remain ever grateful that he undertook the greatest journey to save the whole of mankind.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely right, @Songertz!

    ReplyDelete